Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tyger tyger burning bright

I found this project to be slightly challenging at first.  The lack of a "fish bowl" is almost overwhelming.  I thought about a few ideas before I came up with the one I settled on.  My first idea was to compare my cat to a tiger and do something with that (yes, I may be a crazy cat lady).  I thought about the time one of my cats was held "captive".  He is typically an outside/inside cat and loves roaming the neighborhood.  Keeping him inside makes him angry and depressed.  One day he came home injured (not sure what happened to him).  After a visit to the vet it was decided he had to wear a cone and remain inside for one month while he healed.  This made him feel so distraught and upset, probably similar to the way a tiger in captivity feels.  But, I decided that maybe a difficult connection to make in class in our two minute presentation, so I started reading through my 50 questions and wanted to make something based off of those.  What was difficult here is that I could not come up with just one question to use.  So, what I did was made a collage based of half of the questions I asked.  I went through every other question and put something to represent it in a collage.  Once I settled on this idea, it became a lot of fun and somewhat challenging to find a way to represent some of my strange questions.  I would say that this assignment was more difficult than the book assignment just because it was like the bead assignment, very open.  I continue to be amazed at how it is challenging to come up with something given so much freedom.  Below is my collage.




What if Questions

What if that tiger could talk?
What if that tiger was free?
What if that tiger was lonely?
What if people didn't put them in cages?
What if I never saw a tiger face to face?
What if no one did?
What if tigers were extinct?
What if no one ever killed a tiger?
What if we didn't crowd them onto smaller pieces of land?
What if we never built what we built by crowding them onto smaller land?
What if we live in zoos?
What if our houses are cages?
What if our houses are a refuge?
What if you can't tell them apart?
What if its both?
What if a tiger liked his cage?
What if he could choose his cage?
What if we could cage our choices?
What if our choices are cages?
What if we thought like a tiger?
What if that made us uncivilized?
What if we aren't civilized?
What if tigers are civilized?
What if tigers wore clothes?
What if tigers were like apes and could learn sign language?
What if tigers felt shame?
What if tigers had personalities as varied as people?
What if some liked to show off at the zoo?
What if some hated finger pointing?
What if they hated camera flashes?
What if they felt like celebrities?
What if we knew?
What if tigers could fly?
What if tigers could swim?
What if tigers could drive?
What if tigers could ski?
What if tigers could build buildings?
What if tigers opened their cages?
What if they put us in cages?
What if tigers had to ask 50 what if questions?
What if tigers wore shoes?
What if tigers wrote books?
What if tigers told stories?
What if tigers were green?
What if tigers were friends?
What if tigers were vegetarians?
What if tigers had super powers?
What if tigers could create?
What if tigers could paint?
What if tigers could tell us their dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment