Monday, February 13, 2012

Bookv2

After watching the video on ted, I looked up the definition of "book".  It is as follows: a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually onsheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.  It seems to me this definition of "book" is outdated.  I think a book's definition could simply be a collection put together by one or more authors.  Then I started thinking about all of the different types of books there are and how they are changing with technology.  I began to re-envision the different books I had on my own bookshelf.  I started thinking about the "traditional" books I have.  Then I looked at the next shelf over and saw my own personal photo albums and scrap "books."  This got me thinking about how scrap "books" can change with technology.  My idea is to have an interactive "life store book."  I included a page to show some of my ideas.  There could be a family tree showing a child their lineage.  When you touch the person's photo, whether it is an aunt or a grandfather, a video of that person could come up where they are talking about the child.  From there, it could expand to them talking about their family or their life.  It would be so cool to see panoramic pictures of your childhood home.  Then you would be able to show that to your spouse or your children.  I know I would love to see an interactive book from my own parent's childhood.  You could swipe through pictures and see them on each of their birthdays or see what they looked like every year on Halloween.  Having this available in a digital document would be priceless for future genealogy.  It could be sold if it belonged to someone who later became president, then introduced into history books or digital biography books.  It could be shared digitally among family members as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment